Investing in girls: a good business!
Welcome to the Conference Investing in girls: a good business! The conference will take place on Thursday October 9th, 2014 in Amsterdam ArenA. Please register by sending us your name, company and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org. We kindly request you to do this as soon as possible as participation is limited.
Registration & lunch
From 12.00 hours
- The registration desk is open from 12.00 hours.
- A small lunch (sandwiches) is served from 12.30 hours.
13.00 – 13.15 hours:
- Monique van ‘t Hek, director of Plan Nederland, welcome and opening Jeroen Smit, chair of the day
13.15 – 14.15 hours: Keynote speeches
- Ursula Wynhoven, Chief Governance and Social Sustainability, UN Global Compact
- Babiche Veenendaal, Managing Director Accenture and member Supervisory Board Accenture Foundation
- Jennifer Midura, Director Corporate Strategy AkzoNobel,
14.15 – 14.45 hours:
- Film and interview with Harshvardhan Sharma, Project Manager Youth Economic Empowerment and Anamika Sharma, Project Coordinator Youth Economic Empowerment, Plan International India
14.45 – 15.15 hours:
15.15 – 15.45 hours:
- Jeroen Roodenburg, Director Sustainable Economic Development and Ambassador Private Sector & Development Cooperation at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands.
Signing procedure of commitments and interview with member of Dutch Parliament Roelof van Laar (PvdA, initiator of motion to include girls and women in the ‘bedrijfsleveninstrumentarium’) and Ingrid De Caluwé (VVD, chair of the Gender MPI and co-signer of the motion-Van Laar).
15.45 – 15.45 hours:
- Esther-Mirjam Sent, Professor Economic Theory and Economic Policy
- Adrienne Cruz, Senior Gender Specialist, Gender, Equality and Diversity Branch ILO
- Martijn Smid, Managing Director, Basic Water Needs
- Sander van Stiphout, Director of Amsterdam ArenA International
16.15 – 16.30 hours:
- Giovanca, Ambassador Plan Nederland and Zo! Gospel Choir perform
16.30 – 17.30 hours: Drinks
International Day of the Girl
Please click here for more information on the International Day of the Girl.